Thursday, July 18, 2013

What Teaching means to me?


Teaching is considered as a noble profession, where a teacher needs to be dedicated throughout her life. So, the teachers are the most important factor that influences the citizens of tomorrow. The future generations’ life depends on the teacher who guides them to reach their desired destinations. Any teacher can teach the text but only the dedicated teachers leave their foot prints for their students to follow. Therefore, teaching means in a various ways for different teachers and to me, teaching means ‘a mission with vision’.

I am a teacher by choice and not by chance, because teaching was my aspiration since grade six. I used to aspire to be like my great teachers who shaped me into what I am today. When I reached grade twelve, teaching was still my ambition. So, I feel that I am born to become a teacher, the noblest profession. This is my sixth year in teaching and I continue to aspire to be like my teachers who left their foot prints for me.

Despite of all those blames faced by teachers, teaching means a mission with vision to me. My mission as a teacher is, ‘To teach children with love and sympathy in a child friendly environment’ with the vision, ‘To produce the civilized citizens of future.’ As a teacher learning never comes to an end instead we keep on learning as we teach the children. Our knowledge enhances because we learn more than we teach. They are the source of our inspiration and serves as an encyclopedia. For instance, if we want to know more about a topic, we can print the topic on the board and ask them to discuss. They would be more than the Google search. Then, we can use the idea to teach them.
Teachers are the nation builder. We are the engineer making the engines in our students work. We are like the candle in the dark brightening their life by unfolding them. Keeping our mission and vision in mind, we always guide young minds in the right direction. So, the future leaders of our country master the arts of living with GNH and speak the language of love. Apart from teaching the texts, the teachers teach the wholesome development. Sometimes we become a saint giving a religious discourse, other time a good friend suggesting some right solutions and another time a mother sharing her unconditional love and care for them. These are all taught by our great teachers who shaped us and now it is our responsibility to shape the future generation. It is like folktales getting passed from generation to generations. I salute to Mr. Lok Bdr. Thapa and Mr. Guru Wangdi my grade six to ten English and Geography teacher respectively for their golden touch (Tangmachu). It is because of their inspirations that inspired me to follow their foot prints and the reason why I call myself a teacher by choice.


Hence, teaching is my passion as I fulfilled my dreams. Though dreams are rare to come true, it happened to me owing to my teachers and I wish to spell the same spell on my students. So that, my mission and vision of teaching blooms in the days ahead. Thank you all the teachers who left your foot prints for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment